Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
This was our Winning Recipe submission from August 2013. It would be a Sweet Treat for your Valentine!!
Crazy Good Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake, sent in by Kasyne
- 1 box Double Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 box of Milk Chocolate Pudding - NOT instant
- 1 package of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Miniature's
- 1 container of Chocolate Frosting
- 3 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
- 3 Tablespoons of Hot Fudge (like for ice-cream topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the box, add in the dry pudding mix and blend well. Coarsly chop Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, approximately into 1/4's for each cup. Set aside about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of the chopped Peanut Butter Cups, and fold the remainder into the cake/pudding mixture.
- Pour cake batter into 2 separate round cake pans, bake about 45-55 minutes. Make sure to use whatever tricks you have for non-stick cakes because you will need to take the cakes out of the pans. I used USA Rounds that I bought from Not Your Mama's Kitchen! All I did was grease and flour the pans before use and the cakes came out Perfect!
- Once cooked through, remove cakes from the oven. Cool for about 10 minutes then turn them onto a bakers cooling rack to cool the rest of the way.
- When cakes are cooled completely, put them on your cake plate to frost. Remember to put frosting in between the two layers to help glue it together. Also, a trick my grandmother taught me is to stick toothpicks into the layers and it holds them together. This works great and whoever finds the toothpicks has to do the dishes! At least, that's our family tradition.
- After frosting the cakes, In two separate bowls, melt the peanut butter and hot fudge in microwave. Place remainder chopped Peanut Butter Cups on top of cake. Drizzle the peanut butter over top of cake & cups. Finally, drizzle the hot fudge over all.
Now, have a *small* slice with a cup of coffee and a friend! It's Dee-Lish!!
- Not Your Mama's Kitchen